Compare tailored travel insurance options for your trip from AXA Assistance
If you’re in the market for reliable travel insurance that offers comprehensive coverage, AXA Assistance USA has a wide array of options to suit any traveler. AXA has three comprehensive options that provide local and international travelers with cover for trip interruption and cancellation, emergency medical coverage, baggage delay and emergency evacuation, amongst other nuisances that may occur while travelling.
With over 50 years of experience, AXA Assistance knows how to respond to travellers in distress and has designed a product range to meet the needs of a wide range of travelers. Keep reading to learn about the award-winning products available from AXA Assistance.
AXA Assistance travel insurance policies
AXA members can choose the cover that best suits their travel needs with either a single-trip or annual multi-trip policy that can be personalized with a Gold, Silver or Platinum Plan.
A single-trip policy is suitable for individuals and groups who travel only once or twice per year. This policy offers most of the same protection and coverage as an annual multi-trip policy and is available to anyone between the ages of 18 and 86.
AXA Assistance offers annual multi-trip insurance coverage to individuals between the ages of 18 and 76. Children under the age of 18 are covered under this policy when they are travelling with at least one insured parent or responsible adult.
Silver Plan, Gold Plan, Platinum Plan
AXA Assistance offers three different insurance plans: Silver, Gold and Platinum. Each plan provides members with specific cover for the varying travel insurance needs of individuals and groups.
Benefits available on AXA Assistance travel insurance policies
- Trip cancellation, interruption or delay. The company will reimburse up to 150% of your trip, if it is canceled or interrupted and pay up to $1,250 for each day your trip is delayed.
- Emergency medical and other expenses. AXA Assistance pays up to $5 million for expenses incurred as a result of unforeseen bodily injury, disease, illness, mountain rescue or compulsory quarantine such as a hospital stay.
- Baggage. AXA Assistance will provide coverage for the accidental loss, theft or damage of your baggage while traveling. If you have items in your bag that are also covered under Wedding and Civil partnership, you can only claim for these items under one section of the same event.
- Personal Liability. AXA Assistance covers up to $2 million if you are personally responsible for bodily injury to another person or damage to someone else’s property.
- Winter sports. Cover for winter sports must be purchased separately and is only valid for single trips if the appropriate winter sports section appears as operative in your bookings. For annual multi-trip policies, winter sports cover is available for a total period of 17 days in each period of insurance.
Additional options available on AXA Assistance travel insurance policies
Although AXA Assistance travel insurance policies provide comprehensive cover, members can tailor their policies to suit their specific needs with additional benefit options. In most cases, members will be required to pay an excess when filing a claim, which means that you must pay the first part of each incident you’re claiming. You can choose to pay an additional premium that will waive the excess fee when filing your claim.
AXA Assistance also offers additional benefits in the form of trip cancellation for work or any other reason if the cancellation is unavoidable and necessary, such as in the case of death, bodily injury, illness or disease. The option to get rental car collision is also available to those individuals who rent vehicles when they travel. These plans are optional and must be purchased within 14 days of the initial trip purchase.
Pre-existing medical conditions
Travelers with pre-existing medical conditions must comply with certain terms and conditions as they are stated by AXA Assistance. Failure to comply may lead to policy cancellation, reduction in the claim amount or the company refusing to handle your claim.
The company holds the right to refuse cover for emergency medical and other expenses, cancellation and curtailment, hospital benefits and claims related to pre-existing medical conditions. You may only be covered for the following if AXA Assistance agrees in writing to cover you:
- Pre-existing medical conditions that you didn’t report for medical screening by AXA in order for you to receive cover
- Terminal medical condition you were diagnosed with
- Medical conditions you are aware you have but haven’t been diagnosed with
- Medical conditions that require surgery, organ donation, investigation or treatment at a nursing home, clinic or hospital
- Medical conditions you, a close relative or business associate suffers from and is aware of that could lead to a claim on your policy
The company will not cover you if:
- You travel against medical advice or if you fail to take medication or treatment for an existing condition
- Surgery or treatment is the reason for your travel
You are advised to contact AXA’s customer helpline on 0845 366 2216 if your health changes after the start date of your policy to see if you are covered.
AXA Travel insurance claims
If you need to make a claim with AXA Assistance, you must make the claim within 31 days or as soon as possible. Before you submit a claim, you must understand what you are claiming and follow the steps below, depending on the nature of the incident:
- Contact AXA Assistance for travel assistance, emergency medical assistance or arrangements for evacuation and medical repatriations.
- Contact the police or transportation carrier to file a report of theft or loss of property
- Check your policy to ensure that you are covered
- Review the claim form to make sure you have all supporting documents needed to make a claim
Once you’ve completed the above steps, request the relevant claim form from AXA on 0845 366 2217:
- Trip cancellation
- Trip interruption or delay
- Medical expenses
- Lost, delayed, stolen or damaged baggage
- Accidental death and dismemberment
- Car rental collision damage
With a travel insurance policy from AXA Assistance, you can travel comfortably knowing that you’re covered for unforeseen travel incidents and emergencies. Interested in taking out cover, follow the secure links in the table above through to the AXA Assistance website to purchase cover.
source : https://www.finder.com/travel-insurance/axa-assistance